With the aim to engage the participants in meaningful session for the exploration on scientific advancements, the conference has set several parallel sessions. Each session will contain at least 10 presentations, speakers need to adhere to the following guidelines to guarantee the successful of the session.
1. Abstract Submission
• An abstract with about 250 words is necessary. Please format it according to the "Abstract Template
" and submit it to the MLIS Submission System
• Please mark "abstract for oral presentation" in the NOTE form or e-mail to email@example.com
2. Time Allocation
|Presentation Type||Total Allotted Time|
|Keynote Presentation||40 min|
|Invited Presentation||25 min|
|Regular Presentation||15 min|
*All presentations include 3 minutes for question and discussion.
No commercial advertisements are allowed during the presentation.
Speakers should reach the session room prior to their scheduled time. Presenters should rehearse their presentations in advance to make sure they complete the presentation in time. Speakers are requested to make their presentation on time. A warning will be given when 3 minutes left.
3. Technical Information
1) Laptops equipped with Windows 10, Office 2010 Pro English (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Reader;
2) LCD projectors, Screens, Laser pointers and Microphones;
3) The presentation PowerPoint (.ppt/.pptx) should be formatted with figures and tables. Plain text is inappropriate;
4) Speakers should have their presentation data ready in a memory stick and copy it to the laptop in the session room about 15 minutes before the start time;
5) All speakers should inform the Session Chair (before the start of your session) that you are presented.
4. About the Best Presentation
1) Each session will select one Best Oral Presentation, please ensure your Paper ID is shown correctly in the first or last page at your presentation data.
5. Conference Attendance / Cancellation
If a speaker cannot show up on time or need to cancel the presentation, please inform the conference secretary in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Poster Presentation
• Abstract for poster presentation should be submitted based on the "Abstract Template
" via MLIS 2019 online submission system
• Please mark "abstract for poster presentation" in the NOTE box, or email to email@example.com
• The recommended poster size is A1 size portrait (594mm wide ×841mm long) or similar.
• To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text.
• Please bring your printed poster to the Conference Secretariat on the registration day, we will help you to setup and display it.
• Please make sure your Paper ID is clearly shown in the header.
• Each presenter is required to stand by his/her poster for a better communication with other participants.
NOTE: All presenters are responsible for removing their posters after presentation time. The Secretariat takes no responsibility for posters after that.